Credits: NASCAR Whelen Euro Series / Stephane Azemard
This Saturday, in Valencia, a new season of the European Championship will begin. This is an opportunity for us to give you 5 reasons to follow this championship.
1 – With 33 cars, more than 60 drivers and 21 nations represented the NWES stand out as one of the most important european championship, where track battles are raging !
2 – The championship level has never been so high. In Valencia we will find in particular:
– Bobby Labonte: The 2000 NASCAR Cup Series champion will drive for Mishumotors in Elite 1.
– Myatt Snider: The rookie of the year 2018 in Nascar Truck Series joins Racing Engineering in Elite 2.
– Alon Day: The NWES 2017 and 2018 champion will try to be the first to win the championship 3 times in CAAL Racing in Elite 1.
– Ander Vilarino: 3 times champion of the NWES (2012, 2013 and 2015), he will return to the series with Racing Engineering in Elite 1.
– Jacques Villeneuve: The 1997 F1 world champion makes his return to competition in the Go Fas Racing Elite 1 team.
– Christophe Bouchut: The winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans 1993 will ride on behalf of the Dexwet DF1 Racing in Elite 1.
3 – This is one of the last series with no on-board electronic systems. No engineers: it’s the driver who makes the difference.
4 – The drivers are accessible. You will have the opportunity to meet them during the autograph session. The opportunity to ask your questions, take pictures…
5 – You can follow the races in live and for FREE on Facebook, Youtube and Fanschoice.tv.
Article written by Guillaume Hesnault on April 11, 2019